Monday, August 25, 2008

Count Your Blessings Monday!!


Here is an opportunity for you to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in your life. If you have a blog, please sign Mr. Linky below and post on your blog. Please link back to this blog and you may use the picture above. If you do not have a blog, leave a comment on this post telling us what you are thankful for and what you are counting as a blessing today. This is a way that we can encourage one another. Many of our blessings we will have pictures of and we can share those as well. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. They encourage others. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!




Today, I am thankful for God's Word. He left us a love letter and manual all wrapped up in one. Many of the things in His Word are a paradox. When you are weak, then you are strong. The first shall be last and the last shall be first. To be a leader, be a servant. He leaves us many instructions and specific things to do in certain situations. If you have a problem with someone... go to that person is one of the things we are told. We are told to honor and obey our husbands as unto the Lord. What that says to me is that I trust God to work through my husband. Many times I feel like I am right, but if I choose to not argue and submit and trust God He has been faithful. It does not always come out like I think it should, but I have seen God at work in this way. We had some misgivings about a situation involving someone else. We prayed and went to the others involved as God's Word tells us to. Praise the Lord that the others were also believers who want very much to be in tune with God's Word. We got the best possible results. Now, there is peace and an open freedom to communicate. It bonds and cements the friendship deeper. That is what can happen if both sides truly desire to do it right and have spent time in prayer and reading God's Word about the situation. I am so blessed by the truthfulness of God's Word and how it has proven itself time and again in my life.

3 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

A true blessing!

Sharon said...

I have also found this to be true regarding our husbands. I have seen it work many times in our life where I thought I was right and he was wrong, but chose not to say anything and things turned out fine. It always turns out best when we pay close attention to what God's Word says and obey Him.

I'm glad your situation turned out for the best.:)

The Sisters said...

The Bible is truly a wonderful blessing,Marci. Thanks for reminding us all of that!

~Have a great day!