Monday, August 18, 2008

Bits And Pieces of Farm Life

My sheep Sunshine, has LOTS of wool. I got out her fleece from this year and washed it. Here it is laying in the sun to dry. I thought it had been skirted, but it wasn't and I am not sure what kind of a job I did at skirting it. I want to take it and have it processed into roving and I may even try to find someone to spin this. I have an urgent project that I need to make out of this wool. I may take some other fleeces and have them made into roving and spin them this winter. I actually thought about offering someone one of the fleeces in exchange for some spinning. I am not sure yet what I will do.

I found this guy out back. He was a quick little bugger. He was up against the house. I wish he was in my garden.

My pole beans are coming in hot and heavy. I hope to have a big bunch to can. We bent a 16' stock panel over and made a trellis. Most of the beans hang down on the inside.

All of our tomato plants are loaded. This one plant and one other seem to get ripe tomatoes. The rest are all green.

My cabbage is ready to pick. I am going to be making sauerkraut with it. That has become a favorite meal at our house. I put the sauerkraut in the bottom of my pressure cooker, then I put potatoes on top of that and then I put pork chops on top of that. YUM!!!

4 comments:

The Sisters said...

Hi Marci,
It was nice catching up with everything thats going on around your farm!

~Have a nice week!!

Anonymous said...

How fun and yummy!

Unknown said...

Looks like you will have a great harvest this year. Have agreat week. Lisa

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I am just starting to get tomatoes but have had beans for awhile now and lots of them...yummy, I love fresh green beans.