Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Yesterday's Harvest




Here is what I brought in from the garden yesterday. We made some fresh salsa last night. Oh, it was SO good. If I could have a year round garden, I would love it. We have been eating our corn each night, as it is only good fresh for so long. We were supposed to pick our corn last night, so I could process it today, but a neighbor is letting us borrow his haying equipment to make our second cutting of hay and he showed up last night with the big tractor and haybine. We had 2 other families here and it turned into a working fellowship type thing. Our tractor was not working, and the guys were all looking at it and we think it is fixed... PRAISE THE LORD!!! We brought out a big watermelon we had and cut it up for everyone. They were here until pretty late. I had 2 little friends that went with me out to do the milking and other outside chores. 2 other little volunteers fed the calves their bottles and walked over with me to give the pigs their garden goodies and milk. It is nice to have company when you chore. In fact when I picked tomatoes, one of the girls in the fellowship came over and helped me. It was nice having someone to talk to, when I was out there picking.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

What are those two little veggies that look like pumpkin pie?? LOL Have you figured out I'm not a farmgirl yet??

Marci said...

I always thought they looked like flying saucers, but someone yesterday told me that look like a pie and now you. =)

Those are patty pan squash. They are much in flavor like a yellow summer squash, but have a firmer texture.

Saska said...

I thought those were cherries at first and I was going to be envious. Our neighbor sprayed his hayfield with chemical and it killed my bing cherry tree. I'm STILL mad over it.

Peggy said...

Don't you just love the harvest from your own garden? God is good and a farmers life is a wonderful blessing.

Sandra said...

What a beautiful harvest :) Must feel so wonderful to bring that in from your own garden. Thanks for always sharing such wonderful pictures, I love coming to your blog, it always puts a big smile on my face :)

Tina Leigh said...

I bet when you bite one of those tomatoes they bust with a big rush of sweet juice! YUM I want one!! Marci good friends & people that will work sure are hard to find!