Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Italian Tomato Salad






Well, I have other sunflowers joining in the chorus of praise to our Creator. I love sunflower pictures, so you will probably see lots of them. =)

The glads are all from my yard. I have them start blooming in early July and there are still some out there that have not bloomed yet. I bought and planted some, a friend in California sent me a bunch of bulbs and there were already some planted when we moved here. I have a constant bouquet of them. I usually have another wildflower bouquet as well. I pick them and so do all the children who come to visit. They know I love the wildflowers.

The last picture is of tonight's Italian Tomato Salad. I have enough grape and cherry tomatoes to feed each of you a handful.... plus another 200 people or so. The salad is supposed to be made with tomato slices, but I just cut the wee tomatoes in 2 and put them in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano (I use a mixed Italian seasoning instead of just oregano). Then put a Tbls. or so of olive oil over them. Mix them all up to spread everything evenly. Then refrigerate. YUM!!!!!

6 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

I'll be right there for some tomato salad. Sounds good and your sunflowers are so cheerful looking.

Lynn Bartlett said...

The recipe sounds so good! By the way, do you have any wonderful zucchini recipes? My oldest came in grinning, with a bucket full of them!

patsy said...

i love the big sun flowers and the glads. look like you have a lot of tomatoes. I grew all these flowers plus four o'clocks, zinnias and marigold. you really get you money worth when you grow marigolds,

Kelli said...

Keep the sunflower pictures coming...I love them! Your glads are gorgeous and the salad looks yummy!
Kelli

Tina Leigh said...

The tomatoes look yummy! The sunflowers are so tall & I love all the different glads!! Keep showing us the pictures!! I love them!

Sandra said...

Love your pictures, especially those sunflowers, they're gorgeous :)