Tuesday, August 29, 2006

God Makes Himself Known Through Nature





Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Romans 1:19,20

I look around me and wonder how anyone could think there was not a Creator. The gorgeous sunsets that are in colors that would look fake if painted. No two of these are exactly alike. The huge full moon that rises over the horizon and shrinks as it gets higher in the sky. I looked at a sunflower I had cut and brought into the house. Each individual little flower and all the seeds in even rows. I think of the little tiny plants we had shipped to us by a friend in Maine. The dirt the roots were in was no bigger than the end of my pinkie. Yet, we are being flooded with lots of huge tomatoes and bowlfuls of little ones. To hear the wind as it makes its way through the leaves on the trees. To hear the crickets, cicadas, birds, frogs in the pond and other animals. He has created such a special place for us. He could have made it all black and white and we would never know. Heaven is far better than we know now. I wonder if there will be colors we never dreamed of. Have you ever sat in the grass and watched all the activity that goes on around you. What a delight it is to be blessed enough to enjoy all of this. I praise His name for all His wonderful creation that He has given us to enjoy!!!!!

Yesterday I canned 16 quarts of tomato puree. I did not add the peppers and onions to this batch. I just used salt and pepper. Today my little buddies from next door came over and they went out and picked for me. The top picture is the bounty they brought in. We hope to pick the rest of the corn tonight.

If you look closely on the sunflower you will see a big fat bumble bee. He was buzzing very loudly as I took the picture.

Many of the birdhouse gourds are getting really large. These are some that are hanging in the midst of my sunflowers.

The last picture is of the blossoms on the luffa gourd vine. There is a bunch of buds all clustered at the end of a long upright stem. Both this vine and the birdhouse gourd vine bloom in the night.

9 comments:

Moobear said...

What a wonderful, inspirational site. Truly God will bless you. I visited the link to the auction and will check your blog and Peggy's site out later as I am sick today and unable to blog on my site. Wanted to let you know I will be back here asap.
God Bless!

Kelli said...

What a wonderful post and such beautiful photos. We are truly blessed by God's creation that he has given us.

Kelli

LadySnow said...

I have to agree that the photos are wonderful Marci!

G.P. said...

Amazing grace... indeed what a find. I definitely feel G-d has brought us o Montana - a childhood dream to open up our bed and breakfast Fish Creek House , complete with a greenhouse . He is with me all the time; especially with my new equine partners, who are truly His creatures and teach me the lessons I ned to learn . Truly an amen.

Gattina said...

I love your pictures ! It must be wonderful living on a farm (maybe for me not all the time) I am painting too. I saw your comments on Moobears blog.

theups said...

Your photos are beautiful!! You have a wonderful eye for catching things in just the right position. Thank you so much for helping me focus more on the Lord's glorious creation!

His,
Mrs. U

Reviekat said...

What beautiful pictures. Everything is so vibrant - just like God's grace!

Tina Leigh said...

Marci I have a dear sweet person in my life who refuses to blieve that there is a GOD. This person believes in evolution and it tears me up because I know that one day this person's knee will bow & confess the Jesus is who HE says HE is. Besides me & others sharing Jesus with this person...I know God will remind this person of being able to look at your suroundings and KNOW that there is a MIGHTY CREATOR!! How can one not look at this beautiful world & know that there is a Creator!!! He speaks to me everyday in the beauty of this world!!! You know I love your blog!!!!!!!!!

Kristi said...

I know I've commented on this before, but the color of the sunflower just amazes me. I have never seen them like that before. So very pretty.
I am always touched by God's goodness in the beauty that He surrounds us in every single day. I don't know how ANYONE could deny His existence. Like these things just POP out of nowhere. And where nature is beautiful and wonderful, I am especially thankful for the goodness of His Son, Jesus Christ, and what He did for us all at Calvary.
God is Good.
Thanks for sharing your pictures. I just love stopping by here and seeing them.