Monday, March 21, 2011

Count Your Blessings Monday!!




Here is an opportunity for all of us to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in our lives. If you would like to take part great. If not that is OK too. If you would like to share your blessing, just leave it in the comments. If you want to use the picture above and list a blessing on your own site, then leave a URL to your site in the comments. There is no pressure here. I just know that I am incredibly blessed and I would like to share that and give thanks to Him who all blessing come from. This is a way that we can encourage one another. I know that I am often encouraged when someone shares a blessing with me. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!

Today, I am thankful for all the signs of Spring. We have the possibility of snow on Wednesday and Friday of this week. That is OK though because Spring is here. It is all around. :)

It's here in the form of fat buds on the Bradford Pear tree.

The lilies pushing up through the sod everywhere.
The forsythia is getting itself ready to bloom.

There are crocus blooming all around.

The daffodils are starting to open. (Actually they have already opened now. This picture was from Saturday.)

Michael always brings me the first daffodil to bloom. This was from yesterday morning.

Today, I was able to pick a bouquet and still leave plenty blooming outside. :)

What are YOU thankful for?

1 comment:

Inez said...

I am thankful for unanswered prayers and blessings in disguise. For 15 years I begged the Lord to send my family back home to NY to be closer to my parents. He kept us here in AZ. Now I am so grateful to Him for keeping us here. We have a wonderful home, a great church, my husband has a good job, and I have a job which allows me to be home with my children during the holidays and the summertime. I might have been distracted from the Lord if I went back home. All this time I was struggling, going against the Lord when all I needed to do was walk with Him in the right direction. He was already holding my hand. I thank Jesus for standing His ground with me. As painful as it is missing my parents everyday and my children not growing up with them here by my side, the Lord has given my heart true peace that I have never known before. All I had to do was surrender.

I love your blog and thank you for allowing me to write this.

Inez :)