Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rainbows and Thunderheads




We had more storms last night. Praise the Lord, that none of them are dumping tons of rain on us. We are getting adequate supplies to water the garden and the pasture and keep the pond full. We were sitting at the supper table last night and it was raining. All of a sudden the sun came out while it was raining. In Florida this happened a lot and we called them a sun shower. I knew there had to be a rainbow. So, I grabbed the camera and went to the back door and sure enough there was a beautiful rainbow. A promise from God that He will not flood the entire earth again. If you look at the second picture, you can see my neighbor's golden wheat field. It is ready to be harvested or at least it looks like it to me. His property runs down that entire side of our property. He is an organic farmer. I went back inside and was cleaning up the supper dishes. Michael, my wonderful husband came in and told me to come out front a minute. The 3rd and 4th pictures are what he called me out to see. The pictures do not do it justice. It was magnificent. As we went out to move the cow fence a bit later, there was an even larger sense of these clouds as another front moved in. Alas, I did not have my camera with me. We love to see God's awesome creation. We often wonder how people can see what is all around them and not believe in God, or at least say they don't.

6 comments:

Saska said...

Here on the prairie we call the short rains "cotton showers".

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures, Marci. I can imagine being there! It's quite humbling to be outdoors in the majesty of God's creation. It really reinforces the verse, "What is man that thou art mindful of him?" Thank you for sharing your lovely views!

Anonymous said...

Marci great pictures and I've had a chance to catch up what has been happening on your farm.. How do you get pictures too go in a row like that? I sure do like the rainbow it is raining here hard I shouldn't be on the computer its really bad with thunder.. Brenda

Clara....in TN said...

I also want to know how you get pictures to go in a row. I can just post one at a time.....even when I click on add another image.
I love your pictures. I see the magnificent handwork of God in every picture! thanks for sharing.

Kelli said...

What beautiful pictures!! Rainbows are so amazing!
Kelli

Tina Leigh said...

Good Night...you had the pot of gold right near your house!!! The other day I heard a preacher talking about the 1st rainbow. You reckon it was prettier than yours...I cant imagine it if it was! You know I can see God in a lot of things but seeing Him in nature is the most extraordinary way of God expressing Himself to me. Aint it neat that we get that?! Oh I love your pictures!!