Monday, June 02, 2008

Count Your Blessings Monday


Here is an opportunity for you to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in your life. If you have a blog, please sign Mr. Linky below and post on your blog. Please link back to this blog and you may use the picture above. If you do not have a blog, leave a comment on this post telling us what you are thankful for and what you are counting as a blessing today. This is a way that we can encourage one another. Many of our blessings we will have pictures of and we can share those as well. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. They encourage others. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!



I am thankful that I KNOW that God is sovereign and that He loves me. Many hard things have happened in my life, but it was OK because He was there. One of the hardest was my Mom dying. Death is a part of life and it was her time. He walked with me through that time. However, there have been a couple of different things in my life that I have had a hard time resolving with the Lord. I will probably never know the answers I seek until I get to heaven. I am going to share my thoughts on them, but I ask that you read all the way through.

There is a particular thing that has happened in my life many times. I do not seek this circumstance out, but it comes to me. I pray and leave it in God's hands. Yet, it is something that I truly desire. My hopes rise up, no matter how hard I try to keep a lid on them. Then the whole thing collapses. I have shared with my husband and with some friends what this makes me feel like. Here is where I don't want you to stop... keep reading after this. I feel like God dangles a juicy carrot in front of me and then jerks it back. Now, in my head, I KNOW that God does not work that way. In my heart that is how I feel at those times. I could not voice those thoughts, but God knows them anyway. I have chosen to go ahead and praise Him and believe Him and His character even in the midst of the pain. I am sure that once I am in heaven, I will understand, but I don't down here. I am walking in this area right now. I am trusting Him and praying. I am giving Him my heart. I am climbing up into His lap and resting against His breast like a weaned child. (Psalm 131). I am counting as a blessing today that He has shown Himself so evident in my heart that I am able to cling to Him through these hard times. He has helped me to praise Him and trust and He is teaching me to rest.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Even in time of sadness, stress and troubles its comforting knowing God is right there with me. What a blessing knowing we are wrapped in such wonderful arms of love.. great post!

Tina Leigh said...

I cant imagine living a life without depending on GOD. I am just a poor dependant, if that makes any sense?!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marci, I know what you mean... I have been taught a very hard lesson by the Lord, but now that I understand, it doesnt seem as if He is going to allow me to use my newly-learned skills. I feel like I was cut down, devasted for nothing. Why teach a lesson if the student isn't allowed to implement it? I too know that that is not His nature, but I don't understand this and it is a hard thing to go thru. Thank you for sharing, hope you got the quarter I sent.. :)

LadySnow said...

There are so many things I wouldn't have made it through if I didn't have the Lord right there with me...carrying me through the hard times.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Such a refreshing post Marci!