Saturday, March 29, 2008

Farmer Blue Town Update...

If you read one of my recent posts, my husband Michael took some good farm food to work. He is a "person of interest" at his work, because of our farm. So on Friday he took in 2 kinds of bread, cream to shake into butter and some wonderful, raw, grass-fed, jersey milk. I was actually called "fabulous" because of my bread. Maybe I need to send it more often. =) The butter was a real hit. They really were totally enthralled when the yellow butter curds started forming out of the white cream. One woman cut a big hunk of bread and grabbed half the butter and informed Michael that "she was taking it home with her." Another man asked to take any left overs home. Those that were brave enough to drink the "real" milk were highly complimentary. There were many however that were not willing to drink it. Maybe they thought they would grow an extra thumb or something. They missed a real treat. One lady had several glasses. She was the same one that took the bread and butter. So over all, it was like a huge show-n-tell or farm-day in town.

7 comments:

Perri said...

This cracks me up - all those city folks.

It's Farmer's Wife Meets City Life.

Sounds like a reality TV show!

Jthemilker said...

That's lovely. You may inspire me to bake some bread. :)

HsKubes said...

How wonderful that you were able to bless your beloved and his fellow workers like that! ;o)

~ Christina

LadySnow said...

Too funny...Glad show and tell went well. :D

Tipper said...

I am glad the food was such a hit! I think for most people-their food is either "eat out" or "ready made". And so they are shocked and pleased when they see the real thing. I loved the story about you living in FL can't wait to see what happens next!

Unknown said...

That is funny. :-D But, it is really nifty in a way, too. It will show more people that it is possible for them to do this, too. I hope so, anyway. :-D

Julie said...

The first time I had raw milk I had to choke it down I was so afraid. Now, I love it. LOL.
I just found your blog from another blogger. Its really neat.