Monday, September 29, 2008

Count Your Blessings Monday!!


Here is an opportunity for you to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in your life. If you have a blog, please sign Mr. Linky below and post on your blog. Please link back to this blog and you may use the picture above. If you do not have a blog, leave a comment on this post telling us what you are thankful for and what you are counting as a blessing today. This is a way that we can encourage one another. Many of our blessings we will have pictures of and we can share those as well. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. They encourage others. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!


I am so thankful that I serve a God of details. So many things have been happening around here lately. We are getting ready for an upcoming wedding and trying to get the last of the garden in and taking care of regular daily tasks, etc. God has been very faithful to help me accomplish what needed to be done. He never brought me more than I could handle at any one time. He helped us to have things ripe in the garden as we needed them. He has blessed us with His bounty, yet made sure we could take care of it all and not let it go to waste.

We are trying to be on a strict budget right now. We really wanted to go see Fireproof the Movie when it opened this weekend. Our local radio station was giving away tickets. My husband would try on his way home from work to win them. After he did not with them all week, we just thought we would wait for it to come out on DVD and see it then. On Friday after Michael was home We decided to try one more time and God allowed us to win 4 tickets to the movie. So, not only did He take care of the detail of giving us tickets, but He also blessed us to be able to share them with friends.

I am grateful that He is teaching me to keep my face turned to Him and let Him take care of the things that go on. To trust Him for the timing if things don't happen when I think they should. Praise God from whom all blessing flow!!!

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

4 comments:

fourkid said...

I am so blessed that today there is nothing on my calendar! I can use my time to catch up on sewing and cleaning!
Hugs - and praying for you, Marci.
Patti

Jo Lynn said...

Thank you so much for having this every Monday. It makes me realize how much I have and to get my mind of what I don't have. You are a wonderful friend~

Jo Lynn

Anonymous said...

Today marks the 1 year anniversary that my 19 year-old nephew was in a bad auto accident. He stopped breathing twice before they could get him to the hospital and put him on life support. He had broken the c4, c5, & c6 vertebrates in his neck and severed his spinal cord. He was paralyzed from the neck down and only given a 50% chance of surviving. The doctors told us that if he survived, besides being paralyzed from the neck down he would be on a ventilator, never talk or be able to eat and we should consider removing him from life support. During this time, our family, and many others prayed for a miracle. Today he is still paralyzed from the neck down but he breathes on his own, talks, and we are able to feed him anything he wants. We thank God each day that he is alive and continue to pray for a miracle that will allow him to at least get back the use of his hands and arms. But regardless of whether he ever gets anything back, God has already blessed us greatly.

Elizabeth D.

Anonymous said...

That's very exciting about the tickets. I love how YHWH can use something as simple as a movie ticket to show His love for us-that He is concern even about the little things in our lives.
I don't have a blog myself or I would participate and count my blessings as I have many to be thankful for-but it's always nice to know what others are thankful for too. :-)
I am praying for you as you enter this new phase in your life.
Michelle in sunny FL