Monday, September 22, 2008

Count Your Blessings Monday!!


Here is an opportunity for you to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in your life. If you have a blog, please sign Mr. Linky below and post on your blog. Please link back to this blog and you may use the picture above. If you do not have a blog, leave a comment on this post telling us what you are thankful for and what you are counting as a blessing today. This is a way that we can encourage one another. Many of our blessings we will have pictures of and we can share those as well. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. They encourage others. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!



Today, I want to thank the Lord for the blessing of Autumn. I love the smells, the colors, the flavors of Autumn. It is my favorite time of the year. The light of the sun is different, the air cools down, the harvest is plentiful. The Lord gets out His palette of colors and starts to paint the landscape. It starts with the yellow of goldenrod and the purple of iron weed. Other yellow, white and purple flowers start blooming. You see orange pumpkins in the fields, in displays at stores and on people's porches. Then you start to see the trees turning. Some trees change all at once. Some start in one spot and it spreads. I am so grateful that He gave us this beautiful world and its seasons. He could have just made everything like stick figures and black and white. We are also told we will see things in heaven that we can't imagine. I wonder if all the beauty around us will seem like stick figures and black and white against what awaits us there.

What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you for reminding us to be thankful.

I enjoy your blog.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Autumn is a great thing to be thankful for....such a beatiful season!

I am thankful that I have God to talk to.....having a rough week and I am so glad I can turn to him!

Jthemilker said...

Fall is my favorite season. I so enjoy the blessing of the change of seasons. Thanks again for hosting! YOU are a blessing to us all.