Monday, September 08, 2008

Count Your Blessings Monday!!


Here is an opportunity for you to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in your life. If you have a blog, please sign Mr. Linky below and post on your blog. Please link back to this blog and you may use the picture above. If you do not have a blog, leave a comment on this post telling us what you are thankful for and what you are counting as a blessing today. This is a way that we can encourage one another. Many of our blessings we will have pictures of and we can share those as well. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. They encourage others. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!


We got more done on our new pantry. We got shelves moved in and I am slowly moving items onto them. There will have to be some re-arranging, but it is a start. I put my cookbooks and recipes on the bottom shelf of the cabinet hanging on the wall on the right. The stuff sitting on the counter top is the tile and glue, etc. to make the backsplash behind the sink. The far wooden shelf you see if mostly storage of milk jars and other empty jars.

Here you can see that there are 2 sides. This is not the most handy way to do it, but it allows me to use more space. The Berkey water filter on the left side of the picture is sitting on the counter beside the sink. The short white cabinet with my DLX sitting on it has a lip around it. It is a perfect little work station. It holds my DLX and my grain mill. The pan on the floor will be moved somewhere. I have to figure out where I am going to put all my large pans I use for canning.

This is in the back corner that you saw above. I will be putting a curtain over the window to keep the sun off of the food. I may even put a blind up. I am thrilled to death to have it this far done. Michael and Joshua have both been a big help getting it this far. I am hoping that we can get the electricity run for the milk fridge that is going in here. Also, Joshua needs to put up the tiling for the back splash. I hope and pray that happens before he gets married.

I am very grateful to have this room. It was a side porch that was not used for much besides storage. We put this little back area up to be a pantry. We still have to insulate the ceiling so things won't freeze. When we get the fridge in and I get the curtains made for the window, door and counter, I will take some more pictures for you.

What are you thankful for today and counting as a blessing?

6 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Good morning Marci! Sorry I've been MIA lately. I have a TON of blessings that have piled up all summer long. Your shelving is beautiful. Love it!

Jo Lynn said...

Thank you so much for doing this every week. I need to count my blessings more often.

Jo Lynn

Pearl said...

Hi Marci!
I hope that you're having a great day! Thanks for hosting the count your blessings.

Scott or Pam said...

Thanks Marci, what a great idea! You can read about my blessings at cedar cove farm.
Scott

The Sisters said...

Hi Marci,
Your pantry looks very nice!

Casey said...

What a great blog I felt like I had come home. You don't know me I found you by fate. Keep up the good work I will be dropping in.