Almost every time our fellowship meets we have a pot blessing dinner. I many times take a large salad. We try to watch what we eat and this makes sure there is something we can fill up on. I have a couple of large bowls and every time I go, I use either plastic wrap or foil to cover them. I had an idea to try and make some covers for the bowls. On the large blue gingham cover and the bowl in front in red gingham, I lined them with a clear plastic. It worked well, but the material ended up puckering up at the end of sewing around the outside. I have since talked to a friend and she told me to put the plastic on the top when I sew the next one and this might eliminate my problem. I am using a serger attachment on my machine, so it overlocks the edges with stitches and then cuts off the excess. So, doing the covers upside down won't matter. I also decided to make lids for my kombucha jars and my sourdough starter crocks. I was having a good time while experimenting. I should be able to do it easily now. I also made some napkins. I was experimenting with different edgings on those as well. I want to do some more sewing tomorrow. I love to sew, but rarely do it. Here are a couple of pictures of some of the covers I made today. I am hoping this will be a money savings in the end by not using the plastic wrap and foil.