Monday, November 17, 2008

Count Your Blessings Monday!!


Here is an opportunity for you to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in your life. If you have a blog, please sign Mr. Linky below and post on your blog. Please link back to this blog and you may use the picture above. If you do not have a blog, leave a comment on this post telling us what you are thankful for and what you are counting as a blessing today. This is a way that we can encourage one another. Many of our blessings we will have pictures of and we can share those as well. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. They encourage others. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!



Today, I want to count the blessing of the bounty God gives us from our farm. We don't have to buy a lot at the grocery store, yet we eat like kings and queens. I am so grateful for our rich, grass fed jersey milk. We are not big milk drinkers, but when we do have a glass, there is no milk (to us anyway) like this milk. It is wonderful to cook with and make white sauces. I know where it came from and how it was cared for. In this picture I was skimming the cream off to make butter and you can see I make a mess while doing it. :)
Here is the rich thick mounding cream we get off of our milk. It makes wonderful whipped cream. My big treat is to lick the ladle after I am done skimming all the cream off. It tastes better than ice cream.
We have good healthy butter that we make from the cream.
Our layers give us farm fresh eggs to eat and cook with. The yolks are a very deep yellow (in the spring they are truly orange) and they taste so good.

We raise our chicken, turkey, beef and pork. We are only able to do this through the blessing of God and for that I am very thankful. He has truly blessed us with a rich bounty!!

7 comments:

LadySnow said...

You are right...those are such wonderful blessings!

Anonymous said...

I too am blessed to have meat and eggs from our farm. I'm hoping one day to have a milk cow and learn to milk. Thank you for sharing.
Regina

Mountain Mama said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Wow! Gotta love the farm life! You are blessed.
ashley

Jo Lynn said...

Oh I so wish I lived closer. I am on the search for fresh milk, meat and eggs. Our township has been zoned rural residential. So no livestock for us :(

Your eggs and milk do look yummy.

Jo Lynn

Patty said...

what kind of churn do you use Marci ?

Marci said...

Pat, I have been using my DLX to do the butter. I am usually working on other things (like the cheese I make from the skimmed milk) while it is going.

Patricia said...

Oh my! I saw that rich creamy milk and my mouth was watering! I miss our fresh raw milk.... Our family luuvs milk!
Patricia