Sunday, May 21, 2006

Mama Hens


This hen was one that ran around my yard with 2 other hens and a rooster. This particular hen disappeared and we thought something got her. The other two kept digging up my flower gardens, so I got rid of them as well as the rooster. Well, low and behold this lady showed back up with 8 peeps in tow. If you look close there is one you can see just under the front of her and just over her back and one behind her. She is VERY protective. If you get anywhere near her, she really comes after you.

4 comments:

Patty said...

we have never ever had a hen that will set on a nest.

Tina Leigh said...

Wow! I reckon you are suppose to have some chickens!! I love mine!

Danielle said...

I know this is an old post, but what a treat to have your hen come back with the chicks. What ended up happening with that? Where there any roosters? Do you have any of them still?

Marci said...

Danielle, we gave all the babies to our neighbors. The hen still runs around here.