Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Leaping Lambs!!

I have been watching Pepper since she had her baby. She was not acting totally strange, but I just had a feeling something wasn't right. I can be a worry wart at times (yes I know that worry is wrong), but I wanted to be sure. I think I was watching her so closely because she only had one lamb. She is my largest sheep and she gave me twins her first year (last year) and I really expected twins from her again this year. I talked to a friend who has sheep and she told me to take her temperature. She did have a fever so she must have some sort of infection. Joshua and Brittany walked over last night, so Britt went out to check her with me. I have been trying to catch some of the lamb races on video to share with you and last night I was able to. They are so fun to watch.



We checked on Pepper this morning and she seems to be OK. We had penned her up last night with some hay and water with probiotics and electrolytes in it. We will keep an eye on her.

No comments: