Friday, January 15, 2010

The Lord is my portion

I had a long talk with the Lord today. I gave Him everything in my life (again). I surrender things and then take them back. I have been listening to Otto Koning.

The above is the book he wrote about the Pineapple story, but we have the CD set that goes into much more detail. He tells of his life as a missionary in the jungles of Papua New Guinea. He shares how he had to learn to give everything to God before God took it.

I look around at my life and I have let some bad habits take control. I have let some areas go that need to be addressed. I have picked up other things that I need to lay down.

When I got done praying, I was emotionally spent. I had peace though. I sat there and wondered how God can not get tired of having to teach me the same things over and over. Then I opened up my devotional to read and these verses were the verses of the day...

This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I have hope in Him."
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
Lamentations 3:21-25

Yes, He is faithful. May I be faithful as well.

1 comment:

The K. Family said...

We love listening to Otto Koning! What good lessons he presents in such a way that you won't forget!