Sunday, May 25, 2008

Prayer Request

Last Tuesday, May 20th, my Uncle Noel had an accident on a bicycle. He has a severe brain injury. They were not even sure he would make it the first day. He is still alive and in the ICU.
Here is a picture of Uncle Noel, Aunt Ruth and part of their family. This picture was taken in July, 2006. Aunt Ruth went home to be with Jesus in September of that year. She was my Dad's only living sibling.

Uncle Noel and my cousin Beki (on the right) were up visiting family in Maine. Uncle Noel is very athletic. They had been climbing mountains, taking bike rides and other things. He plays tennis often. They are not sure what happened, but he had a couple of episodes of his blood pressure dropping and getting dizzy this past winter. They are wondering if that is what happened here. He took a bike for a spin around the block and did not come back. They went to look for him and found him. He had hit a tree.

My Uncle is one of the most gentle, kindest, sweetest men I have ever met. He was a Methodist preacher for most of his life and is still active in the church. He loves the Lord and if the Lord chooses to take him, we know he is going home. Please pray for his 3 children. They have some decisions to make. They ask that they receive clarity on what to do and timing. Beki lives in Ohio, Tom and Sherri live in Colorado. They are all up in Maine. I would appreciate your prayers for the whole family. Beki wrote a note saying she is very open and willing for God's will, but she is still sharing her desire to have her Dad restored to health. I am sure the other 2 feel the same way.

Thanks for praying.

5 comments:

The Stricklands said...

Sweet Marci,
I will pray, pray for clarity and peace for your uncle's children.

Lynn Bartlett said...

Hi Marci, as I read your post I was listening to the song on your playlist, "I Can Only Imagine." I will be praying.

Jthemilker said...

Praying...

Perri said...

they will be in my prayers - as will you. I know you take comfort knowing he will be with God.

Teresa said...

Praying for everyone.
Love,
teresa