Monday, May 12, 2008

Count Your Blessings Monday


Here is an opportunity for you to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in your life. If you have a blog, please sign Mr. Linky below and post on your blog. Please link back to this blog and you may use the picture above. If you do not have a blog, leave a comment on this post telling us what you are thankful for and what you are counting as a blessing today. This is a way that we can encourage one another. Many of our blessings we will have pictures of and we can share those as well. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. They encourage others. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!



I again want to thank the Lord for my health and the health of my family. This past week a precious little boy named Samuel Backus went home to be with Jesus. He was just 6 years old. For the last 4 years of his life, pain was the norm. He went through more in his short life than most of us will ever face in a lifetime. There is a web page that tells his story and his family's story and his struggles. Read the updates on the last couple of days of his little life. Then pray for his Momma and his family. They have a lot to work through and heal from. It makes me realize how little suffering I have had to be part of in this life. For that I am grateful. I don't ever want to take that for granted.

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Hey Marci,
Thanks for the comment. I am hoping to update my blog soon. We just got back from visiting my parents in Iowa and internet was rare. I am doing well!
Be blessed, Kim

Jthemilker said...

You are so right... Life and health are such precious gifts! I know many who are ailing right now and pray the Lord's blessing over them. It makes me realize that I should be celebrating my health too! Thanks Marci and God bless!