Monday, April 18, 2011

Count Your Blessings Monday!!




Here is an opportunity for all of us to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in our lives. If you would like to take part great. If not that is OK too. If you would like to share your blessing, just leave it in the comments. If you want to use the picture above and list a blessing on your own site, then leave a URL to your site in the comments. There is no pressure here. I just know that I am incredibly blessed and I would like to share that and give thanks to Him who all blessing come from. This is a way that we can encourage one another. I know that I am often encouraged when someone shares a blessing with me. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!

I have so many blessings all around me. I take way too many of them for granted. My prayer list is so long right now and with serious requests. I do have needs and problems in my life, but what are they in comparison to my blessings and to the concerns in my friends lives that are hurting and struggling.

We are blessed to live on a farm. Neither Michael or I were raised on a farm. We feel that God led us to this life and He has blessed it. So many of our firsts were with a book in one hand and a tool in the other. The first time we butchered chickens was that way. We kept trying to figure out which was the wind pipe and which was the jugular. :) We still have a lot to learn, but we have learned a lot. Most of our learning comes through trial and error. We have had sad moments, character building moments and many moments of joy.

We are blessed with good health. Both of us are overweight, but we are pretty healthy despite that. We try to eat right, but ultimately it is a gift from God. He controls our health. I was talking with someone this last week. She was saying how people claim they are healthy because of what they eat or don't eat. Both she and I agreed that God is the one in control over that, but we do need to do our best.

I am blessed with friends. Some around here and some all over the country. These are wonderful people that I can pick up the phone and chat with, or even if I had to travel their way, I would have a place to stay.

We are blessed with still having my Dad and both of Michael's parents. After losing my Mom so suddenly and unexpectedly, it shows me what a blessing these we have are.

I need to do better at keeping my eyes on the blessings and not the other. God has promised to supply my need. I do take my needs to Him in prayer, but He knows best and I need to rest in that.

What are YOU thankful for?

No comments: