Thursday, October 29, 2009

Are you Bored Yet?

I took a short walk again today. It is a beautiful day. There are clouds, but the sun is out as well. It is 55 degrees. I know we will not have too many of these types of days left before winter sets in. The peak of the color is definitely over. I love to watch the other colors sort of fade and bleach out. Yet, there are still bright splashes of color here or there and we still have some green.

I told you in the last post how Buttercup has decided she wanted to be the Dairy Queen for the calves and they decided they loved that idea. Well, she is in solitary confinement until we figure out what we are going to do. She is not happy and has been bellowing her displeasure. She came over to the fence as I went by to let me know she is not a happy camper. :)



There is still color looking down the road, but there is less and less of it.

This is the cornfield across the street. It has bleached out into that beautiful color. You can hear it rattle in the wind with a haunting melody.

I liked this picture because you see the red oak leaves, and on the left you see the bark of a Shagbark Hickory tree. I love the colors and textures all together.

There is even beauty in a brown leaf laying among its friends.

The Sumac turn into such gorgeous colors. It is hard to even capture it in a picture.

More rosehips I found on the Multi Flora.

These leaves were so tiny. It is hard to tell from this picture, but they were so small and perfect.

There are some things still blooming out there. Besides this little beauty I saw some goldenrod and also a couple of dandelions.

For those of you in Ohio, I encourage you to go to the Ohio Liberty Council's Website and research issue 2. There is a lot of money being thrown by the big ag people to push this through. Many people are not understanding the truth of what it will bring. We are voting NO on issue 2.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

The picture of the cow in confinement is funny! You have an eye for spotting beauty. The picture of the brown leaf is gorgeous.

Peggy said...

I enjoyed walking with you and seeing all the beautiful fall colors. Miss my farm so much so really enjoy seeing yours.

Barb J. said...

Don't you just love the colors of fall? The pictures are beautiful!