Monday, January 19, 2009

Count Your Blessings Monday!!


Here is an opportunity for all of us to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in our lives. If you would like to take part great. If not that is OK too. If you would like to share your blessing, just leave it in the comments. If you want to use the picture above and list a blessing on your own site, then leave a URL to your site in the comments. There is no pressure here. I just know that I am incredibly blessed and I would like to share that and give thanks to Him who all blessing come from. This is a way that we can encourage one another. I know that I am often encouraged when someone shares a blessing with me. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!

I realize that I have been complaining a bit about the cold.... OK... A lot!! I want to be thankful because that is what the Lord has chosen to send our way. I also want to count as a blessing all the snow we have been getting. I have always said that if it was cold, I like having the snow.

I noticed that my last post was the morning after the first really low night. Michael told me that it ended up being -14 that night with windchills between -30 and -35. The next night (Friday night) was supposed to only go to -1. It was already -8 by 10PM. It ended up going to -21 that night. These temperatures are truly incredible for this area. I am counting it as a blessing that no animals were hurt or died and we did not have any water pipes freeze. He has been so faithful. We also have been getting snow almost every day. We got about 2 inches over night and another 3 to 4 today. Here are some pictures.

We ended up going to town on Saturday. This is what the snow on the hood of the car looked like driving down the road. It was so powdery and much of it just flew off. I told Michael I felt like I was in one of those Peppermint Patty commercials where people are describing their experience while eating a Peppermint Patty. The cool snow whipping by our faces... whoosh.... whoosh... :)

I love all the snow glops (my word) in the bushes and weeds. They kept falling out of the trees with a little burst of snow that looked like smoke and they would hurtle themselves to the ground.

This is a SHOCKING picture. :) The corn shocks are all decorated with snow.

I love the frosting on the pine trees. They are so pretty. It is almost like they dressed up to go somewhere.

We had some more beautiful snowfalls with the big flakes. It is so beautiful to look at.

It looks cold in this picture, doesn't it?

My dear sweet Michael brought these home to me on Friday just because. They are such a beautiful bright spot in the house with a promise of the Spring and Summer to come!! He knows I love sunflowers.

Here is another picture of my wonderful snowman. He is suffering from snow blindness though. I am not sure if his eyes fell out or are covered by the snow. Either way, he is not seeing too well. :)


Thank you Lord for the cold and the snow.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

We had some frigid temps here too but not as bad as yours. I closed the goats up and used heating lights for all the goat babies. My blessing today is we are suppose to get snow tonight and tomorrow... Finally we are going to have snow! Not much but an inch or two is truly a blessing to this winter loving mountain girl in the flatlands of NC. LOL Have a blessed week

LadySnow said...

I am just happy no pipes burst! :-)

Klasse Woods Natural Farm said...

We made it through the frigid temps, PTL - and now we're enjoying a tease of springtime temps.

My blessing came Friday morning ... in the form of a sweet baby girl to our home already blessed with six young men.
Come by & visit our blog to meet our little Faith Mattaya @ http://livenlearnfarm.blogspot.com/