Thursday, May 06, 2010

This and That

I saw my first hummingbird of the season on Tuesday. There were actually 3 of them and they were all chattering at each other and fighting. I have 3 feeders hanging up, you figure they could each have their own and be happy. I always get ones that fight. We used to go to this one cabin in North Carolina. The place at the bottom of the hill had a whole porch full of feeders and there were always lots and lots of hummingbirds. It was like a major hummingbird airport. They did not seem to fight much either. I guess these Yankee hummingbirds are more feisty. :)

My friend, Ginny and I ran a couple of errands on Tuesday. On the way home, we came across this clothes line. These are not at all uncommon among the plain folk around here. Some of the go really high up in a tree. This wasn't so high, but it sure was a long way from the house. :)



Then we came to this bridge and a Basset Hound was just laying in the middle of the bridge. Ginny pulled all the way up to it before it finally moved out of the way. Even then it was done in a slow leisurely way and he did not move too far out of the way. :)

Here is some of my blooms on my bleeding heart plant.

We have a huge rooster. He is a Light Brahma. Ginny swears he is a man in a chicken suit. He brings all his ladies up to the compost heap area to scrounge. I holler at them to get in their yard and they go running because they know that Star the Wonder Dog will appear and chase them. He is so comical when he runs. It is like watching a cartoon. I tried to capture it on video, but it is hard to see. I will have to try again with it on zoom.

1 comment:

Lynn Bartlett said...

I think it's so hilarious to watch chickens run! It's so strange how they wobble back and forth.