Thursday, September 22, 2011

A New Idea

Necessity or sometimes just laziness is the mother of invention.  One of the things I get tired of doing is drying my canning jar rings.  You wash them and then you have to stack them all just right so they dry well or you have to use a towel and dry each one.  If you have a canner load of 7, that is not bad.  When you have 46 of them like I just had with the chili beans I canned, it gets old quick.  :)  I had Michael install a towel rack on the side of the cabinet by the sink.  Whenever I get a new dish cloth out, I hang the old one up until it is dry before I throw it in the dirty clothes.  I also use them to dry zip lock bags that I wash to re-use.  I also use a different sort of cheese cloth called a cheese bandage that washes really easy by hand and then dries quickly when hung up.  I hang those over this rack as well.  I was washing the canning jar rings and got the idea to put them up on the towel rack.  It worked like a charm.  I made sure they hung over the sink, so the drips went into the sink and they dried quickly.  Then you just slide them off and put them away.  I thought I would share my idea in case it helped someone else.  :)  I will post a picture of the rack from 2 sides.  I got the rack at Lehman's Hardware

No comments: