Monday, September 26, 2011

Count Your Blessings Monday!!




Here is an opportunity for all of us to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in our lives. If you would like to take part great. If not that is OK too. If you would like to share your blessing, just leave it in the comments. If you want to use the picture above and list a blessing on your own site, then leave a URL to your site in the comments. There is no pressure here. I just know that I am incredibly blessed and I would like to share that and give thanks to Him who all blessing come from. This is a way that we can encourage one another. I know that I am often encouraged when someone shares a blessing with me. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!

There are so many things going through my mind this morning as I ponder my blessings. 

I am grateful for God's provisions this year as I watch our pantry shelves fill up with bounty.  I don't think it is really a pride thing, but more of total satisfaction that we will eat from the summer garden and produce all winter.  I love to look at the shelves of jars all filled up with food.  :)

I just heard that my wonderful friend, Karen who came to visit me last year, is coming again in October.  When we got to hug necks last year, it had be 34 years since we had seen each other.  I am glad it is only going to be a year this time.  We are truly twin sisters of different Moms.  :)

Honey's mastitis finally cleared up and we did not have to use antibiotics.  It was really hard getting up at 3:45AM all last week to milk her out, but it worked in the long run.  Each night as we sit there and milk, I see her Honey colored side and just thank God for providing her for us.

We made pumpkin ice cream and it was DELICIOUS!!!  I love all things pumpkin and I love to have pumpkin ice cream each year.  I normally limit myself to one cone, or we buy one carton and share.  I limit myself, because I really don't like what is in it.  With this recipe, I don't feel so bad and will probably make another batch or two.  :)  I am still going to tweak it a bit more though.  I have been asked to write a guest post on someone's blog telling about my pumpkin ice cream.  I will make sure a link goes on here.

Our eating plan is working so well for us.  We actually started a weight loss plan back in the early summer of 2010.  It was sort of a weight watchers thing and it just was not working.  We switched to this plan in late March of this year.  I have lost 30.5 pounds and Michael 39.

There are many more blessings in my life I could tell about as well.  What are YOU thankful for? 

1 comment:

regina said...

Hi Marci,
This year we have not had anything to fill our shelves. With no rain and all the wild fires, the deer ate our garden. But, I'm blessed that we got a high fence put up so that next year we won't have deer problems.

I'm also dealing with a cow with mastitis. We did have to use antibiotics but they have not helped. We are still working and praying that she will soon be clear.

Congratulations on your new eating plan. It's nice when something fits into your life style.

Have a wonderful week.
Regina