Monday, July 19, 2010

Count Your Blessings Monday!!




Here is an opportunity for all of us to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in our lives. If you would like to take part great. If not that is OK too. If you would like to share your blessing, just leave it in the comments. If you want to use the picture above and list a blessing on your own site, then leave a URL to your site in the comments. There is no pressure here. I just know that I am incredibly blessed and I would like to share that and give thanks to Him who all blessing come from. This is a way that we can encourage one another. I know that I am often encouraged when someone shares a blessing with me. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!

I am sure it is not hard to guess what I am thankful for this week. :) Our new little pup. She is a wee tiny thing. I told my friend that I feel like I have been at Romper Room today. :) She is so fun to watch and so smart. She did not like her little crate, so we put her under a laundry basket and she does better. We have a larger crate we are going to move into the house tonight. It needs to be cleaned out really well. It is so amazing to watch something so tiny catch on to things. As soon as she wakes up from her many naps, we take her outside and tell her to go potty. She is already getting the hang of that. She likes to go in the shade though. When I took her out one time today, the sun was right over head and there was only one small strip of shade not much wider than she was on one side of the house. She ran to it, stood sideways to be totally in the shade and did her business. :)

She looks really black in these pictures, but she is dark brown. All our dogs were like that when they were little.


Michael took this picture of her.

This gives you an idea of how tiny she is. Star has been very good at tolerating her. She bugs the stuffing out of Star though. I try to distract her away when she becomes to big of a pest.

Star was trying to get an itch and working very hard at it. The pup came up under her leg and she was not happy to be disturbed when she was busy. :) She hopped away.

Star is such a good girl. If this little pup will be as good as she is, then we are set.

God worked out all the details so that we could get her now while we still have Star. I am very grateful to Him for allowing her to come and live with us.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

what a sweet blessing! I am blessed with a new puppy too. She is 4 months old but already such a smart thing.