Friday, September 23, 2011

A Delicious Fall Treat

When it gets to be late August, early September, my thoughts and heart turn toward Autumn.  It is my favorite season of the year.  There are a couple of treats that I normally allow myself one serving of each Autumn.  We do not eat dessert very often.  Usually it is only at our fellowship meal with the church and even then, only when it really calls our name.  We have been doing so well with our eating plan that it is a good incentive to not partake.  However, I LOVE almost all things pumpkin.  In fact today I am sitting here in a jumper that is covered in pumpkins, scarecrows and other Autumn things.  One of the treats I like to have is pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin fudge.  Normally we buy one carton of pumpkin ice cream, but this year a friend found me a recipe to make homemade and I am going to try it.  I normally buy the fudge unless one of my friends make it and give me a piece.  I do try to limit myself to one or at the most two small pieces of fudge.  There is a store about 40 mins. from here that sells pumpkin fudge in the Fall and also Lehman's Hardware sells it.  Whenever we have out of town guests, they all love to go and visit Lehman's.  I do have a friend coming this Fall, so maybe she will want to go there again.  :)    One of the other things I normally treat myself with is just one caramel apple.  Two years ago, I bought one at the grocery store and it was GROSS.  The apple was yucky.  Last year I bought one of those little tubs of caramel apple dip and just did that.  However, after reading the ingredients, I can't bring myself to buy that either.  I wish I knew of a healthy way to make caramel.  I may forgo the apple treat this year.  
I did find a new wonderful treat though.  That is what I want to share with you.  The Bulk Herb Store has a tea blend called Creamy Pumpkin Pie Tea.  It sounded good enough that I bought some to try.  Oh my.....   DELICIOUS!!!! 
Go to The Bulk Herb Store through this link and click on Herbal Mixes.  They are listed in alphabetical order.  You NEED to try this stuff.  You make the tea and add a bit of honey and milk or cream and it is WONDERFUL.  I don't normally put milk or cream in my tea or coffee, but this was so good.  I let Michael taste it last night and he wanted a cup of it too.    

After writing this post, a dear sweet friend called me this morning and gave me her recipe for caramels.  WOO HOO!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Wow that tea sounds REALLY good!