Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bad Bugs In Your Mouth??

There is an old saying that says a healthy mouth equals a healthy body.  If you have problems in your mouth, then you can have problems with all sorts of diseases.  Bacteria is rampant in your mouth and has a direct line to your blood stream.  In August of 2005, I almost died from bacterial meningitis.  I did not fit any of the normal profiles for getting it.  I had been fighting infections in a tooth for awhile.  They believe that very likely, that infection went systemic.  Just because you eat good nutrient dense food, does not insure a healthy mouth.

 
Once we understand gum disease, the way to stop its destruction becomes clear.


In the mouth, the damage of gum disease is caused by certain types of microscopic disease causing bacteria. We call these disease causing bacteria “bad bugs” because they destroy living tissue in our mouths!


As gruesome as it sounds, the mission of these bad bugs is to invade, colonize and devour gum and bone tissue in the mouth.


It's hard to imagine, but these microscopic bad bugs above cause the damage we know as gum disease on the right! AND they are also very involved with other diseases including diabetes, heart disease and cancer!

Here is a video that shows the Bass Method of brushing your teeth.  


Since I still fight mouth issues, I am going to be using this toothbrush and try the OralWellness Brushing Blend.  

Do YOU have a healthy mouth or issues with gum disease, bad breath or something else?
Check out the Oral Wellness website and educate yourself. 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey Marci, thanks! I just ordered the family toothbrush pack from them. I have a small mouth and the junior size brushes work better for me. So I'll have the two little ones and hubby can use the two adult ones. Thought I'd see how it goes at the dentist next time after using the brush and method of brushing they recommend and if needed, maybe get the blend to use next time.

I have problems with receding gums and sensitive teeth. I'm bad about brushing really hard.

Sharri said...

I had never heard of this before--worth looking into.