Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Count Your Blessings Monday!! (on Tuesday)




Here is an opportunity for all of us to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in our lives. If you would like to take part great. If not that is OK too. If you would like to share your blessing, just leave it in the comments. If you want to use the picture above and list a blessing on your own site, then leave a URL to your site in the comments. There is no pressure here. I just know that I am incredibly blessed and I would like to share that and give thanks to Him who all blessing come from. This is a way that we can encourage one another. I know that I am often encouraged when someone shares a blessing with me. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!

I am sorry I am a day late again. :) We had out of town guests and lots going on. If you remember from last week, I was waiting to hear from the man with the cows. He was going to send me a picture of them and let me know the exact price. I never heard from him, so I called him on Friday. He told me he had gone ahead and sold all the cows. I had told God that I wanted Him to choose our cow for us. He picked Buttercup out for us and she has been the best cow ever. Very gentle sweet, easy to milk and the best tasting milk ever. I did have my hopes up about getting one of these cows though. When he told me that he had sold them all, something sunk down inside of me. When I got off the phone, I put my head down and cried. I did tell the Lord thank you for an answer, even if it was no and that He must have something better for us, but I have to admit I was disappointed. I got online and started searching again. There is a Christian homeschooling family that had 3 Jersey cows. One, named Lilly had just had her first calf this month. They did not need 3 cows and so were selling her. We called and talked to the man and made a deposit. When I got off the phone I put my head down again and cried. This time it was tears of joy and thankfulness. I thanked the Lord for His faithfulness and asked Him to forgive me for a lack of faith. We hope to pick up Lilly this weekend. How could I have been disappointed when I KNOW that I can trust God? He DID have something better for us. We are so thrilled and will be back in the milking business very soon. Here is a picture of Lilly.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

She's beautiful! I'm happy for you. I do know how we get attached to these girls!