Thursday, June 16, 2011

Busy Days On The Farm

I baked the artisan bread the next day. I think the oven was a bit hot and I left it in a bit long. It still tastes great though.

It has a very chewy crust and an open texture inside.

This is the first time I remember seeing these on my Lilac bush. Does everyone's get these pods? I assume they are seed pods.

The first 2 Echinaceas are opening up.


The first orange lilies are blooming as well. Pretty soon they will be every where. They bloom on roadsides, in fields, around houses.


Yes, my chickens still like my front yard. :) If you look close, there is a hummingbird on the right side of the feeder.

I love the coloring on the little ewe lamb on the left. Her name is Lambchop. We may keep her to breed.

Here is one side of her.

Here is the other side.

I need to pull a garlic bulb and see if they are ready. They are not normally ready until July, but they are sure looking done to me.

My peppermint is growing well. I need to go out and cut some and start drying it.

Our last batch of chicks came today. They are all tucked away in the brooder. Skye is not sure what to think about all the peeps in the box. She did lick one little chick I held out for her to see. I was afraid she might try to bite it, but she didn't.

We are ordering our turkey poults early next week. I have been taking orders for them. They are usually ready the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week.

We joined a CSA this year. We were just going to do a little tiny garden. :) We forgot to limit ourselves. We have had 2 CSA basket pick ups so far. Last night we got several kinds and colors of radishes, lettuce, spinach, baby greens, snow peas, garlic scapes, onions, and strawberries. There may have been more, but that is all that is coming to mind. :) They arrange the baskets very artfully. They are beautiful. I had some strawberries in a smoothie this morning made with our homemade raw yogurt and stevia.

We now carry both the Great Lake Gelatins and Steviva in our store. We also got in some new books so come and check it out. :)

I sat in on a tele-seminar today on starting a cow share program. We are not sure what we are going to do, but we would like to be able to allow others to share in our bounty that God has given us.

No comments: