Friday, May 22, 2009

God Answers Even Small Prayers

The house we live in has cement floors. I have found that Croc Shoes really help my feet. I have worn them for a couple of years now. For the longest time, I would not even think of buying them. They looked so GOOFY!! It made people look like they had clown shoes on. :) Well, I joined the clown brigade and was sold almost at once.

Last year, my son was getting married and I knew I would be on my feet a lot that day. So, I bought a "fancier" pair of Crocs to wear. Well, my dear sweet Michael and the WN Woman and others informed me that Crocs were not wedding attire. So, alas, I wore pinching shoes that hurt that day.

About 2 months ago, I went to get out my dressy Crocs and could not find them. I am not a person that loses shoes. We tore the house apart looking for them. I was sick about losing them, as they were hardly worn and I couldn't really afford to replace them right now. So, I prayed. I have a wonderful online list of ladies and we pray about all sorts of things for each other. I asked them to pray with me. They asked me all sorts of questions like when was the last time I remembered wearing them and did I look under the car seats, etc. No shoes.

Today, I was cleaning my office. Anyone who has seen it in the last 2 months are probably shouting hallelujah about now. It was bad. I had 2 baskets of books in the floor that needed to be gone through to put online to sell. My dear sweet man went through the books and put the ones we are keeping on the shelf. He found my shoes in the basket with the books!!! I told my list and we had people praising God from coast to coast over my shoes. :) Here they are....



Yes, they ARE dressy if your only other shoes are regular Crocs. :)

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Those are cute! I'm glad you found them.

Faith said...

Funny!

Yeah, I'm there where you were. They look like clown shoes.

But, I understand about hard floors. I have joint pain to deal with from my lupus, and my feet just ache. A house we clean sometimes has rock and wood floors. Last time I went, I wore my big thick padded slippers so I could cushion them enough to be able to walk by the end of the cleaning.

~Faith

Boysaplenty!! said...

I felt the same way you did about the way the crocs look until I too tried them on!! I would be upset if mine went missing! Isn't it great to know that the Creator of the universe cares if you lose your shoes??!! Wow, what an Awesome God! Praise His Name!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

The power of prayer!

Sharri said...

PTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I think that since your dh found them...you should make him some cookies!
Right Mike?

-Brad- said...

Great job Uncle Mike!!!!!
..........so what was the reward? :)

Barb J. said...

I can't tell you how many times I have been trying to get all the kids ready to go out the door to church and one of the kids realizes they are missing a shoe. I often pray for the "little things." I believe God is just as happy to provide them for us.