Monday, October 20, 2008

Count Your Blessings Monday!!


Here is an opportunity for you to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in your life. If you have a blog, please sign Mr. Linky below and post on your blog. Please link back to this blog and you may use the picture above. If you do not have a blog, leave a comment on this post telling us what you are thankful for and what you are counting as a blessing today. This is a way that we can encourage one another. Many of our blessings we will have pictures of and we can share those as well. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. They encourage others. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!



Today, I am thankful for my woodstove. We had to finally light it on Saturday night. As I am typing this on Monday morning it is 28 degrees outside. You can see in the picture below that my rocker is right by the stove. I spend a lot of time in the winter months right in this spot.


The stove is an Amish made Pioneer Maid Cookstove. It has been the only source of heat for this house and our last house which was even larger. Many times I let sauces thicken on the back of the stove. Some of the best apple butter I ever made sat on the back of the stove for about 3 days. This stove has been really good to us and I am counting it as a blessing today!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for this clear, cool morning with a bright reddish-orange sunrise. I'm thankful for songs of the birds and the purrs of the cats. I'm thankful for my sight and hearing. I'm thankful for God's love. ~AJ

LadySnow said...

That must be so wonderful to have such a warm and cozy spot. :D

Patricia said...

Oh the warmth of a wood stove.... the smell, heat and look are just all so homey. Love it! Count me in for next Mon.!
Patricia

Sharri said...

Love the sepia photo!
I want to come and sit by you and rock next to the fire! :)

Jthemilker said...

Oh wow that is a awesome stove! There is nothing like the heat of a wood stove. That IS a blessing!
Sorry I'm late... as always, thanks for hosting. One can never be thankful enough for precious blessings.

Trixi said...

I would love, love, love, one of those stoves. It will be a while though.

Theresa said...

I love your stove. I wish I could have one but my asthma couldn't handle the smoke. My Grandma had a wood cookstove in her basement when I was little that she and I would use from time to time and it was fun, an adventure for me!