Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Questions for YOU to answer!

I have some things I have been pondering and I thought I would ask y'all your opinions on them. If you back them up with scripture it will be even better.

I know a lot of people who are Christians. I know people of all different flavors in Christianity. There are some who are VERY sober. They almost make it seem sinful to burst out in laughter. Some seem to go through life and everything is fun and exciting and they are known for their laughter. Some have exacting ways to look as in dress, hair, etc. Some are not caught up in those areas. I know that God made us all as individuals. I know there are certain doctrines we all have to agree on (as in Jesus is the ONLY WAY to salvation). What do you do? Are you the exact same person no matter who you are around? Do you feel a great responsibility to be an example to those you come in contact with where ever you are? Do you remember that where ever you are that you are a living Bible and a representative of Jesus Christ? I know that we are all that as Christians, but is it in the forefront of your mind? Do you have a way to remind yourself to do this? Are you just yourself and figure that people will see both the good and the bad?

My husband and I have been having some conversations recently about these types of things. We see people act or react in certain ways. Then we wonder what we would have done in that situation. We looked at people who are quick to condemn others, but see themselves in a holier light. Then we are looking at ourselves and wonder if we do that same thing. Do you regularly examine your life in the light of Scripture? If so, is there a pattern you follow that you could share? We can get so caught up in things in life that interest us, that we forget about others. We can become very self focused and selfish.

Do you have accountability in your life from someone? If so, who? Is it a formal arrangement or does it just happen? Do you welcome accountability? What if you have a friend and you are not sure how they will take accountability and they continue to do something... do you talk to them or leave it to the Lord to show them?

None of these are really specific, but I am just fishing around for ideas and ways to handle and deal with myself and situations that arise. I would love to hear from you on any of the above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We try to talk to them about Jesus Christ and win them over, etc.!

My Mom is after all the Pastor at a little country church here in Holmes County!

We just try to be ourselves and do what is right in God's eyes.

VoiceInTheWilderness said...

I am ever so mindful of the impression I leave on people as a Christian. I know that unbelievers will judge my Savior by what they see in me. I use Matthew 5:41- whoever compels you to go a mile, go with him two. My goal is to bring glory to God by going above and beyond what someone expects me to do, and if I am told that "I didn't have to" or "it wasn't necessary", I point them to the Lord.
I do have an accountability partner- my husband. If I am acting in accordance with the flesh and not the spirit, he will call me on it.