Monday, August 04, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow?

I tried to post several times yesterday and it kept giving me an error message when I uploaded my pictures. This morning, Blogger is working fine. =)

I went out yesterday and found enough beans for another meal's worth. The second planting of beans we did has lots of flowers on them, so I am hoping for lots of beans. I want to be able to can enough to share. I also pulled out one beet to check the size. I think I am going to let them go a bit longer. But, MOST important, I found our second red tomato. Yippee!!!


I also found a bunch of flowers to make my indoor bouquets.

Here are my little banty chicks. I am not sure but I am wondering if the darker 2 are a hen and a rooster. We will have to wait and see. They are so cute and fluffy. You can see them a lot better if you click on the picture and look at the larger version.

We have many many green tomatoes. We have slicers and cherrys and paste types, but they are all green. I don't remember a year like this, but it really seems weird to me. It IS August after all.



My pole beans are doing really well. There are lots of flowers on them.

My poor cabbage. It looks bullet riddled. I am not sure what to do about it. Any ideas?

This zucchini plant is giving up the ghost. See the ring of dark, dry, dead leaves? This happened in a very short time.

It looks like the other zucchini plant is starting.

Here is one of my big beautiful pepper plants. No blooms or peppers though. All of our pepper plants are looking pretty nice, but I can only find flowers on one of them and I don't see any peppers. I was really hoping for a lot of peppers to put up for the winter as well. We do a lot of stir fry and fajitas.

Praise the Lord we got some rain. It rained a little bit yesterday and we had some storms last night. We cut our hay the first time and it has not grown enough for a second cutting, which we depend on. We are grateful for the rain we received though.

1 comment:

Sharri said...

I love the feet on your little banty's! So cute!
I wish you lived nearby--we have peppers like crazy here--they're going to waste! :0(