Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Thursday Product Highlight


On Thursdays I plan on highlighting a product that we carry in the General Store. This will give people a chance to hear about why we chose to carry that product.

The Zojirushi breadmaker bakes a large traditional shaped 2 lb. loaf of bread. After reading reviews and talking to people who had used one, it seems to handle the freshly ground flour and total whole wheat better than most machines. Although, I normally use my DLX when making bread, there are times when my Zo comes in really handy. There are many different settings you can program into it. It will make just the dough and then you can take it and shape it how you want and pop in your oven. I use this on the French bread that I make. I let my Zo make my dough and then it lets me know the dough is ready. I take it out and shape a long French loaf and put it on my French bread pan to bake in my oven. It also has a Home Made setting that lets you choose what you want it to do. It allows adjustments to the knead, rise and bake time. There are 3 choices of how you like your crust as well. You can program it up to 13 hours in advance. Would you like to wake up to a fresh loaf of bread, then put all the ingredients in, program the time and wake up to the smell and taste of freshly baked bread. The timer works for all bread cycles except Quick and Sourdough cycles.


There are dual kneading blades to ensure thorough kneading for improved baking results.
The control board is easy to read and to use.

It makes all sorts of breads including sourdough.
There is a delicious fresh fruit jam cycle as well.
With the Home Made menu setting you can even make meatloaf in it.
Many times when I have a lot of things to accomplish in a day and we also need bread, the Zojirushi is my choice. It has served us well as one of my kitchen servants.

Keep checking out the General Store. We will be adding some items here very shortly. They keep running into snags to get our shopping cart up and running, but hopefully that will be working soon as well.

No comments: