Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Store Site is Up!!


We have the new General Store site up and running. I am still working every day to put all of the items we sell on there. You will have to check back to see what all we have. We are actually hoping to have some good children's books on there for Christmas giving.

Stop on over by clicking on the banner above. Let us know what you think. Do you feel it is easy to navigate? Is there something you really don't like about it? I really would like to change the background color, but haven't found the right place to change it. =) I am learning as I go and getting lots of help from someone.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I like the navigation--very intuitive. Especially, the next/previous listing buttons seem good for product comparison.

It's not a big deal, but for people with small monitors the logo takes up most of the screen. So, on every page they go to it is necessary to scroll down to see product listings, etc. I realize you want to be able to see all of the cool stuff in the logo, but in my semi-professional opinion a smaller logo--or the same logo resized--would make the site easier to use.

Another option would be to go for a small, simple logo on all the pages and put the nice, big logo on the home page in the description. That way, when visitors first arrived they would get to see all of the cool stuff from the big logo, but when they navigated away from that page, could see the product listings easier.

Also--though I can't say for sure--you should be able to change the background color (as a hexadecimal) in a .css document included with the template. There might be an easier way, but since I've never used that shopping cart, I don't know what that would be. Make sure you have a copy of the file before you start looking for the body-background line. :)

My 2 Cents.

Jonathan

P.S. Doing something like this yourself takes a lot of courage. Keep up the good work!