Monday, October 26, 2009

Issue #2 in Ohio

If you are from Ohio and will be voting in the coming election, please, PLEASE, take the time to go to this link and look at the short youtube clips of questions and answers from the town hall meeting. I keep hearing people, especially the farmers saying we need to vote yes to keep HSUS from happening here in Ohio. Margaret Anne Ruhl clearly states on one of those clips that if this passes, it will not stop HSUS from coming. Also, it is putting a governing board over us in our Constitution. We do not need more government over us. Please take the time to research this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. WE ARE DAIRY FARMERS AND I HAVE BEEN LOOKING INTO THIS FOR A LONG TIME. WE DO NOT BELEIVE IN THE GOVERNMENT TAKING HOLD OF EVERYTHING. THIS HAS BEEN SOMETHING WE BEEN GETTING INFOR ON FOR A YEAR NOW. THIS IS STRONG ON MY HEART. I HAVE CHRISTIAN VALUES. WE ARE NOT SURE HOW WE ARE GOING TO VOTE YET. I AM TAKING EVERYTHING IN BEFORE WE GO AND VOTE. I DO WANT TO ADD THE THING I HAVE SEEN IS THAT IF WE DONT PASS THIS IT WILL GO TO A NATIONAL ISSUE AND A FEW LARGE COMPANIES WILL HAVE CONTROL OVER EVERYTHING. THEY HAVE ALOT OF MONEY. I WOULD RATHER HAVE IT FAIR THROUGH THE BOARD OF 14 PEOPLE THAN JUST THE PETA OR HUMAN SOCIETY HAVING THIER SAY AND NO ONE ELSE. SO ANY INFORMATION I CAN GET WILL BE GREAT. THANKS. STILL NOT SURE WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO.

Renae said...

Thanks for the additional info. We have decided to vote yes for this issue. And while it will not stop HSUS completely, it will show that farmers care enough to place rules upon ourselves when it comes to caring for our animals. As of right now, we've personally been told that we are cruel just because we do farm. My husband has also put his name in to be on the board, if they do so choose him. And we know a few of those who would be on the board personally. And I would rather have those on the board at least familiar with agriculture, than have HSUS and PETA come in later and tell us what to do. My MIL is in Kentucky now and said it was just terrible what HSUS ruled, and that state did nothing.
I pray that this is the right thing to vote on, but I would rather do something, and try to be part of the board and have a say, than do nothing at all and risk our livlihood.