Monday, December 03, 2007

Count Your Blessings Monday


I am giving us an opportunity every Monday to not only count our blessings, but to share them with others. This is a way that we can encourage one another. Make a post on your blog telling us about your blessing. Please put a link back to this post. You can add the URL of your blog post on Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, then just leave a comment and share your blessing. Many of our blessings we will have pictures of and we can share those as well. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. They encourage others. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!



My blessing is God Incarnate - Jesus Christ
And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:6-14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14


I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I know that many say that December is not really when Jesus was born. I know that many do not celebrate Christmas. We do however and it makes me stop and think back to the night that Jesus was born. We can't imagine the impact it made on the world of those shepherds or even of Joseph and Mary. Here was God, Almighty God, come down from all the splendor and majesty of heaven. Heaven a place where He speaks the word and it is done immediately. Here was that powerful Creator God in the form of a helpless infant. One who needed others to nourish Him or change a diaper. In the song, "Mary Did You Know", I love the line that said when you kiss your little baby, you kissed the face of God. Imagine that... It leaves me in total wonder and awe. There is another song that I love called Go Thee Down. It starts out talking about a lucky bunch of shepherds on a hill. The angels tell them to... "Go thee down into the town. There's a child there you've really gotta see. Be not afraid, but be excited, you're the first to be invited. Go thee down into the town and once you've seen Him go tell everyone you see. He's the one we've waited for, we're not waiting any more, There's a shepherd born to show the way to you and me." Just think about those shepherds. They had waited their life time for Messiah. Who would have thought it would come in their life time. They were the first to be invited!!!! Not a king or a politician, but every day common folk. This was HIM!!!! They did not need to wait anymore. Oh, what must have gone on in their minds. Immanuel... God with us!!!! Thank you God for being willing to send your only Son. Thank you Jesus for being willing to give up all your glory and splendor and come as a helpless infant, knowing that you were born to grow up and die for sinners. He was born to die. Yet He came!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

Yesterday it rained by the bucketful. We kept waiting for it to let up a bit to start chores last night. After we finally put the cow away and were almost done, it did finally quit. You almost needed a row boat to get across the yard. =) OK, so that was a wee bit of an exaggeration. Michael had his jacket off and was in short sleeves. It was very balmy. This morning he woke up to go to work and had to scrape the windshield of his car. Here is what it looks like outside right now.



These are some sky pictures I took a couple of nights ago. If you click on them and make them bigger they are a bit easier to see. Oh, the colors were glorious. My camera never quite captures that.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, darling! I'm glad that you made it through chores last night alive and able to function. ;-)

LadySnow said...

Oh! All that rain was almost too much for me to deal with. ;) You are so right....I love the song "Mary, did you know." It just about brings me to tears when I listen to it. :D

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What a great post! Too many of us get caught up in the shopping and baking and all the hustle and bustle...it was refreshing to hear the story and ponder the real reason we are celebrating!

Annie said...

Thank You for a wonderful post, I signed up to participate. You have a wonderful Blog that I enjoy reading!

Jthemilker said...

Thank you for taking us back for a glimpse of the true meaning of Christmas. Brrrrrr... love the winter night sky pictures. Your farm is so lovely.

Tina Leigh said...

I struggle with Christmas every year. It is so commercial that I find myself year after year wondering if Jesus would approve of us celebrating His birth. With the baby here it makes things easier but I still struggle with the santa thing & all. I struggle with spending money....buying stuff because you have to or people expect you too. I am a natural giver. If I know you want something I get it.....but I do that year round. But when Christamas comes I struggle because it is a pressure...you got to buy something. I hate that! Oh I could go on & on. People say I am weird because I really dont like Christmas....it is a battle in my heart. I love my JESUS without question! So now you know that your Georgia friend is a weirdo!