Saturday, January 30, 2010

They are DONE!!!

I finished my socks!! I can't believe I did it. I would love to be able to show them to my Mom.


I had started a toddler sweater last winter. It is for no one in particular, but I wanted to make a sweater and figured I had a better chance of getting one done if it was small. I have started back up on it. I will keep you posted.

It is bitter cold again. We woke up to right around zero one morning and around 5 another. We missed all the snow, but that is OK. We still have snow on the ground.

Hope you all had a great Saturday and that you have a blessed Lord's Day!!!

6 comments:

Lynn Bartlett said...

Congratulations! One time many years ago I knit one mitten on 4 needles and never finished the other one. I think I finally threw the one mitten way.

Emily said...

Hi Marci,
A blessed Lord's Day to you, too!
I love the socks. Congratulations on finishing them.

Oh, it's cold here, too. This drafty old house makes it hard; without a wood stove, heating can get expensive. I just throw on another sweater, cook up some soup, and drink something hot.
(And dream of spring!)

Perri said...

GREAT Job. I'm trying to teach myself to crochet. 2 hours into it and I can make a starting loop. Socks seem a LONNNNNNNNNNNG way off!

Sharri said...

They look wonderful! Great job!
Your Mama would be so proud!

Anonymous said...

Marci, the socks look wonderful! I would love to be able to do that.

Anonymous said...

The socks are good!!
I'ld trying to knit socks! I do'nt have a mother or sister so I looked on you-tube. And I finished knitting my socks!
God Bless!! Greetings Margriet