Monday, January 18, 2010

Count Your Blessings Monday!!


Here is an opportunity for all of us to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in our lives. If you would like to take part great. If not that is OK too. If you would like to share your blessing, just leave it in the comments. If you want to use the picture above and list a blessing on your own site, then leave a URL to your site in the comments. There is no pressure here. I just know that I am incredibly blessed and I would like to share that and give thanks to Him who all blessing come from. This is a way that we can encourage one another. I know that I am often encouraged when someone shares a blessing with me. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!

Today my blessing is the weather. :) Yesterday it rained a good bit of the day, but it was in the high 30's which feels like a heat wave. I was able to go to town and to church with just a sweater. My house has stayed warm without electric heaters. I have not had socks on or had to wear leggings under my dress. :) I am sure we will have some more cold weather, but I am so thankful for this reprieve.

Another wonderful blessing, I found my earring this weekend. Thank you Lord!! It was on the ground not too far from the front door. It must have fallen into the snow and sunk. With the warmer temps some of our snow has melted and praise the Lord, it uncovered my earring!!!

What is your blessing today?

4 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What great blessings! We have had a reprieve in weather too and it has felt like a heatwave!

Emily said...

Marci, I was so blessed to hear that you found your earring. Thank you, Lord, for hearing our prayers. That just makes my day!

What am I thankful for today? God's promises. I have a pot on the kitchen in the counter with some paperwhite bulbs that I'm forcing, and their little green shoots are about 3" tall now. As I look out into the snow-covered yard behind the house, I imagine all the new life lying dormant under the soil. These little shoots in my kitchen remind me of God's promises that never fail. May you have a blessed day! :)

Sharri said...

PTL about your earring! We've been praying you'd find it. :)

I missed this post yesterday, but am going to go ahead w/my blessing!

I am thankful for my health today. I had a few days of feeling under the weather earlier in the month, and am blessed to feel good again!
And so, I thank the good Lord for it!

Have a blessed week.

The Stricklands said...

Well, it is Wednesday, but I am still blessed! I have a precious family, a warm home, a soft bed to sleep in every night, food in my pantry, a wonderful husband, ....and I could go on and on. I am thankful for your earring! I love when God answers even the smallest desires of our hearts. He is good everyday.