Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Calf Name And Other Stuff!!

The calf's name is Nutmeg. I was really leaning that way, but I also liked Sweet Pea and Sunflower (Sunny). I was really thinking a flower name, but Nutmeg just seemed to fit her. Nutmeg actually won in the poll as well. It got 12 votes the last time I checked.

The WN children had brought me a couple of Georges recently. The one did not hatch out, but the second one did. This will probably be my last one of the year. Here he is out on the wreath fanning his wings.


I picked a bunch of peppers. If they were starting to turn colors I picked them. I found as I brought them in and they sat a couple of days, they turned colors. There are some nice yellow ones in the bottom that you can't see in this picture.

I wanted to do some more sauerkraut, but the rest of my cabbage did not do well. I had gone to pick up some onions from a local Amish lady and they had these HUGE cabbages for 50 cents each. That is a price that can't be beat. I bought 8 of them.

Michael found a hidden cache of eggs. We brought them in to float them to see if they were too old to eat. Several of these were starting to float but most of them were good. It is so nice having the extra sink out in the pantry. I can wash veggies and eggs out there. We also wash the dairy stuff out there.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you liked the name Nutmeg. That's what came to mind when I looked at her rich color. She's so sweet! Lisa in NM

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Lots of fresh stuff down on the farm! Love your pictures!