Tuesday, September 05, 2006

September Song



I have heard several people say that they will wait to decorate for the Autumn season. They don't want to rush anything. It seems that I have a hard time holding back. We have had wonderful cooler weather. The kind of weather that is just right for camping. It is still too hot for a fire in the house, but a nice fire outside in the evening would be wonderful. The picture is of the centerpiece on my table. I have also taken down my summer wreath on the door and put up something for Autumn. The wreath I have used in the past is totally washed out and faded after several years of sitting in the full afternoon sun. A friend gave me a handmade basket that hangs on a wall or a door. I put some fall picks in it and that is what is hanging outside right now.

Seeing the season change sets me to thinking. Is there change in my spiritual walk? Am, I feeding on the Word and growing? Are old things, habits, etc. falling off and away? There is a season for everything as we are told in Ecclesiastes.

Ecc 3:1-8 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Everything God has done is in an orderly way. As we take the time to feed ourselves on His Word and study it for ourselves we grow and mature in Him. There are seasons in life as well. We are born and live with our parents. They feed, train and nurture us. Then we get married and we have each other to care for. Then comes our babies for us to feed, train and nurture. We also come to a point where we have to become more involved in our parents lives. For some like me, it is simply to be there for my Dad through this grief walk. For others, it means their physical care. Life is always changing. It progresses whether we want it to or not. We need to make sure we are doing all we are supposed to in each phase and step of the way. Autumn and winter are good times for reflection. The labor of the day eases up a bit. There is time to sit by the woodstove and spin or crochet or knit. You can let your mind wander when you do those things. I do believe that one thing that technology has brought to this world, is less time for people to sit and ponder things. To think them through, to give thanks for all we have. We need to take the time to take stock of our lives. To spend time hearing the Lord talk to us about where He wants us to go next. May the Lord bless each one of us with some quiet moments with Him, reflecting on His love and His purposes for us.

4 comments:

Moobear said...

I enjoyed the truth and sincerity of your blog today hon and I wish you would pray for me. I need help with my anxiety and the need I seem to have of worrying over too many things. I oft' times turn it over to the Lord and don't pick it back up, but it is the times that I do that I need extra help.
Thank you for blessing me today!

God Bless!

PS I have a friend who does not blog that loves your blog, but she emailed today and cannot read your comments which she had so much enjoyed. Is that with Blogger or perhaps a choice of yours. I only wanted to help her out. She can only comment anonymous, but says she cannot get the comments to show. Is it because she has no blog perhaps? Thank you!

Marci said...

Moobear, I emailed you.

Tina Leigh said...

MArci I am putting my fall things out slowly...I love it! I am so glad that seasons change but God never does nor His Word! Great Post!

LadySnow said...

Thank you for your post Marci. It is such an encouragement! After I finish up my tomatoes I am definately going to get by fall stuff out! Autumn is my favorite time of year!