Saturday, September 02, 2006

George has Emerged!!






I had a picture up a couple of days ago (August 23) with a Monarch butterfly caterpillar in his chrysalis. Well soon after that George's friend also climbed into his chrysalis for his life changing experience. Yesterday, George emerged totally transformed. Mr. Stripey Pants is now Mr. Polka Dot with large orange wings. The first picture he is sitting on a sugar water soaked cotton ball. Hey, for those of you who know me, don't hassle me about sugar water... it was organic cane crystals if that counts. =) Then he exercised his wings a bit. We left him on the wreath on our door. He stayed there for well over an hour and then took flight and left. Another miracle of God. That big fat caterpillar knew to climb to the top of the jar, attach himself and somehow form that chrysalis. Then in less than 2 weeks, emerge from that confinement as a totally transformed creature. Sound familiar? What is that verse.....

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

5 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Beautiful photos. How fortunate you were to be able to capture this on camera! Perfect scripture to accompany them!

G.P. said...

How apropos. When I did ultrarunning (long distance running) on the trails, whenever I saw a butterfly cross my path, I knew G-d was with me... a sign for me. Now I feel this way when I'm doing endurance riding on my horse, Great Picken. I always say "Thank you G-d, I know you are with me". Did a 4 hour ride today out of our bed and breakfast, so I had ample opps for my mantra.

Thanx for the photogs

Patty said...

George is so pretty !

Kelli said...

Oh, how beautiful!!! The picture of George and the sunflower is one of the prettiest photos I've ever seen!
Kelli

Tina Leigh said...

Oh Marci that is sooo Neat!!! I'm so glad you captured that!! The photo's are great & I love the scripture...it goes perfectly!!