Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blooms and Blessings

There are many advantages to having a blog. First of all, I am able to share stories, daily happenings and pictures with family and friends.

Secondly, it is a searchable data base. The Wonderful Neighbor girl (see picture below) asked me when I usually find my first "George" of the season. I was able to put George into the search box on my blog and come up with the date last year. It has helped me to see when we got our first snow or frost. It tells about days when it was unusually cool or hot. If some big thing happens around here, the day it happens is recorded.


Thirdly, I have been able to help some people with "how-to's" that included pictures or even a short video clip.

It is also a place I can share what God is teaching me and to be a Titus 2 woman in a small way.

There are also disadvantages to having a blog. You hang your heart, thoughts and feelings out for everyone to see. The Wonderful Neighbor woman said she is going to buy me a shirt she saw that said something about putting all my personal life and thoughts on the internet. :) I can't remember exactly what it said. I run into people quite often that tell me that they read my blog.

However, at this point I will continue to blog. I enjoy it and get lots of good feedback about it.

Here are four of the Wonderful Neighbor children. The youngest was not present here. Click on the picture to make it larger so you can read their shirts. :)



My Echinacea has bloomed. Here are a couple of pictures.


I believe this is a Shasta Daisy. They are blooming as well.

After the 6 eggs disappeared without a trace, the nest has been empty awhile. I checked again and there were 3 eggs and checked again last night and there were 4 eggs.

The Black-eyed Susans are starting to bloom on the roadsides. These were out on the edge of our property. My dear sweet Michael stopped and picked them for me.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Good morning to you - a beautiful, talented, hard-working, and Christian friend! I love your blog and your sweet, soft heart. Thank you for your blog with it's beautiful photos, farm tutorials, and praises to our Lord. Hugs from here! I hope you have a beautiful blessed day today! - teresa

WN Mama said...

I like your blog too, it has the best pictures of my kids. (smile) By the way, the shirt said...."I put intimate details of my life on the internet" (ha ha) Really though, I like reading your blog. It is a blessing.