Monday, December 05, 2011

Count Your Blessings Monday!!




Here is an opportunity for all of us to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in our lives. If you would like to take part great. If not that is OK too. If you would like to share your blessing, just leave it in the comments. If you want to use the picture above and list a blessing on your own site, then leave a URL to your site in the comments. There is no pressure here. I just know that I am incredibly blessed and I would like to share that and give thanks to Him who all blessing come from. This is a way that we can encourage one another. I know that I am often encouraged when someone shares a blessing with me. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!

Today, I am again so thankful for my husband.  I want to encourage each of you to hang in there and work hard to make your marriage work.  I see so many who give up.  All the struggles and work are so worth the effort.  I can truly say that my husband is now my best friend.  It has not always been that way.  We really grew up together.  I was 20 and he was 21 when we got married.  We have been through many things together.  Some very hard and some very joyful.  All of those things work to bring you closer if you will allow God to use them in that way.  The sad part is that God laid out the roles that each of us are to play.  If we would just step into those roles we would see the wisdom that is in them.  Like most people though, we had to try our ways first and find out they don't work.

Michael is very patient and kind.  He looks out for me and does things to show me that he loves me and that he is thinking about me.  He has faithfully provided for us through out our married life.  He has a good name at work and outside of work.  He will help you solve a problem or many times when there is no solution, he holds me and lets me cry.  He encourages me in things I try to do.  He is faithful to spend time in the Word and with the Lord in the mornings.  He prays with me a lot and about both big and little things.  I am truly blessed!!!

What are YOU thankful for?

No comments: