Monday, April 12, 2010

Count Your Blessings Monday!!




Here is an opportunity for all of us to give thanks unto the Lord for a blessing in our lives. If you would like to take part great. If not that is OK too. If you would like to share your blessing, just leave it in the comments. If you want to use the picture above and list a blessing on your own site, then leave a URL to your site in the comments. There is no pressure here. I just know that I am incredibly blessed and I would like to share that and give thanks to Him who all blessing come from. This is a way that we can encourage one another. I know that I am often encouraged when someone shares a blessing with me. I think that many times we forget that it is a blessing to be able to breath, to get out of bed, to hold a baby... Share your blessings with us. We can share so many other things.... special gifts, recipes, let's take the time to share how God has blessed us!!

We take so much for granted. Our fellowship met at our house yesterday. It was fun to hear the different conversations going on before and after our time of worship. One of the youngest of the group (the youngest Wonderful Neighbor boy) won 2nd place at the district level in the Pinewood Derby. We were talking about Moms and how special they were, broom makers (Hi Jim!!), about riding bikes (one man rides his bike instead of a car), about babies and pictures, and so much more. These are all things that life is made up of. After we had our meal and some people left, others of us went and sat outside in the beautiful sunshine. The Lil' Neighbor wandered all around picking all the Dandelions. Her brother had tucked one behind her ear and she left it alone for a long time. The boys and men played with a foot ball. Us moms sat in a chair talking with the WN Girl.

Life is full of good things if we really look around and take the time to see them. We can concentrate on the negative or look for the positive and focus there. I am grateful for the life that God has given to me. I am truly blessed. I never want to lose sight of that. I have a Savior who loved me enough to die for me. I have a wonderful husband who loves me despite my faults. I have a special son who has a darling wife and they are finally coming home from Florida. :) I have good health, lots of family, good friends, and so much more. What are some of your blessings?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

God is SO GOOD to us!!!