Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another Tidbit to Chew On

Here is another meaty tidbit I am chewing on from our Bible study.

For a person to think that he can "repent' of any sin, and yet refuse to change his way of thinking is foolish. Spiritual repentance is an experience whereby a person's will is altered for the express purpose of bringing it into line with God's will... .

The only way we can come into meekness is through the breaking of our wills. A perfect picture of this is that of a stallion. It may be a beautiful and graceful animal, but it has no usefulness until it has been broken. However, once it has been broken, the powerful horse becomes controlled by the reins and verbal commands of its master. This is a picture of biblical meekness.

The Christian who has undergone the crushing of his will by his Heavenly Father has learned to have a healthy respect for the Master's whip. This is not a cowering fear an abused child has of a cruel father, but the proper reverence one has to One who commands respect. This man's will has been conquered so that he no longer sees his life as one in which he has the right to control.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

wonderful post! I get my spirit stirred up when I visit with you

Sharon said...

Great post Marci!

Jeannette said...

I would love to read your blog but the little squares makes its difficult.They really hurt my eyes.

Marci said...

Jeannette, I made them much lighter... is that better?

kimberly in idaho said...

Hi Marci,
I'm curious, what Bible Study are you doing? I ask because it sounds like an excellent one. My husband and I would really like to start a new study and this definately sounds like something we'd grow from.