Friday, July 03, 2009

Baking Day

Today the high was only about 73 degrees. Very, very cool for this time of year. We are not complaining. Since we were out of bread, I decided to bake today. I made my 4 loaf batch of bread. I made 3 loaves and a batch of cinnamon rolls that I had promised to Michael. I KNEW when I was shaping the first loaf that I should add some more flour to the dough. However, I was in a hurry and didn't do it. I did knead in a bit of flour to the next 2 loaves. The one I did not add flour to, went deflated in the middle. The other 2 did better. When I was taking one of those loaves out of the pan, the side stuck. I need to do a better job at greasing my pans I guess.

We have also been eating more crackers than normal. I am making lots of the jalapeno cheese and it is so good spread on crackers. I decided to make some crackers instead of buying them. They came out pretty good. I will probably add a bit more salt next time and maybe another spice or 2. They were VERY easy to make.

1 comment:

LadySnow said...

The crackers look good. I need to see if I can find a gluten free version to make. Hope you are enjoying the weather. The children got to see fireworks and play with sparklers for the first time tonight. :-) Is the cat still terrorizing your flowers?