Friday, March 02, 2007

The Sun Always Comes Out Again







Yesterday it got into the low 50's. We had an overcast day with wind and rain, so it did not feel like 50. It rained a very hard steady rain in the evening. We went to a friend's house to celebrate a birthday. Just walking to your car was enough time to soak you through and through. Today, the sun is shining. The sky is a beautiful SPRING blue with white puffy clouds. The wind is very strong today. Some of the gusts are up to 45 MPH. It blew over my birdbath which is a very heavy cement one. You can see that in the last picture above. The only snow left after yesterday is where it drifted up, or was plowed into a pile. You can also see that our pond is very full. It is a bit flooded on the end that you see on the right. Also, you can see that one of the goats finally ventured out of their pen. They do not like to be out in the rain at all.

So many times when trials and hard times come in life they come in multiples. People say, "When it rains it pours." The first one hits us and we wobble a bit. Then wham, along comes another and another. It feels like we won't make it. With the Lord on our side, we always do. We are usually a bit wiser for it as well. The Son shines into our heart and we continue on until that next time it rains. When hard times come we need to ask the Lord what we are to learn through them. Ask Him to use it for all that can be gained in our life by it. Even in the trial, we can have peace...

Php 4:6,7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

That word careful in the verse above means anxious. What are you anxioius for? I am anxious sometimes over really dumb things. =) However, God's Word tells me to be anxious for nothing. I am a visual learner. I learn best if I see things or can make a word picture in my mind. In looking up the words in the verse, the part that says shall keep your hearts and mind is a military term. It means a garrison or fort. So, if I start to get anxious, I need to go to the Lord in prayer, thank Him for the trial and what it will teach me and then He will put my mind and heart into His fort and keep it through Jesus. WOW!!!! I am protected in that fort. I can see the walls so tall and strong and encompassing. Ahhhh.... then I feel the peace, because if God is for me, who can be against me? Isn't that exciting!?!?!?!?!?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW--we still have piles and piles and piles--feet and feet and feet of snow on the ground!

Unknown said...

WOW--I saw the pictures and had to post right away because I was shocked at the loss of snow. But then I read your whole post and WOW--you write so well and post made me think. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

It was so beautiful yesterday! The kids were out playing almost all day and just seeing the puffy clouds in the blue sky was a balm to all of us. We were a bit disappointed when we woke up this morning to snow, but the taste of spring yesterday is enough to keep us going for awhile!!

~Karen

Tina Leigh said...

Marci what a great post. I was feeling so over whelmed by some things going on with my kids on friday. Oh I want to shake them!!! But I gues GOD wants to shake me sometimes too. I WANT TO FIX THINGS NOW, I dont want to wait on HIM but then I realize I want GOD's perfect will in their lives. What else can I do but poor out my heart to HIM in prayer!