Thursday, November 05, 2009

Winter Is Coming!!

The weather has turned cooler again. The lows at night have been in the upper 20's. The highs are anywhere from the Mid 40's to the low 50's.

There does not seem to be a lot to take pictures of. Most of the leaves are off the trees now. The Oaks keep many of their leaves until Spring. We do have a Bradford Pear in the front yard that is still green though. :)

We still have not decided what to do about sheep. I have scheduled 3 in to the butcher at the end of December. I need to see if I can sell them. We are just not sure yet. However, their wool is REALLY thick for this time of year. We may be in for a very cold winter again. The wool is just gorgeous. I hate to not be able to sheer them and get the wool.

Star turned 12 last month. She still seems to be going strong. She goes on walks with me.

This was the driveway a couple of days ago. This is looking toward the turn to the road.

This is looking back the other way toward the house.
I found a whole patch of these. They look like polka dot hearts!!!

The road is looking bare.

Just another interesting growth. :)

3 comments:

Peggy said...

It was 28F here this morning and I love it! I am so looking forward to winter and hopefully lots of snow. Have a blessed weekend!

LadySnow said...

Tell me about it! Edna and Rebecca took the children to the park yesterday. It was a beautiful day but they were all freezing by the time they got home. LOL ;-)

Lynn Bartlett said...

Marci, it's hard to believe, but we are having 70+ degree weather today! The boys are down painting the barn! What a blessing it is to have more warm weather to finish what we needed to do before snow returns again.